Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Pics
What answer did you want?
"they're amazing at everything and can be trained in 2 minutes for whatever you want'' :lol:

In all seriousness, I really like the idea of showing a dog in a way that showcases a high level of training, so something that involves heeling, jumping, stuff like that, with commands and stuff? Does that make any sense?

Well frick, that's not exactly the answer that I wanted :lol:
I guess they're called 'retrievers' for a reason...
Labrador retrievers make fine family pets.
Some do well in obedience competitions.
Some do well as guide dogs for blind people.
Some are police dogs.

Labrador retrievers usually are motivated to work with a person and please the person, which makes them trainable for many other things too.

I would guess other retrievers are similarly trainable, but I haven't been enough interested in them to look into the matter.

For any breed, you can go read the wikipedia article, and it usually talks about what that breed is used for.
Example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labrador_Retriever

"they're amazing at everything and can be trained in 2 minutes for whatever you want'' :lol:

In all seriousness, I really like the idea of showing a dog in a way that showcases a high level of training, so something that involves heeling, jumping, stuff like that, with commands and stuff? Does that make any sense?

Look into competitive obedience or rally! Any retrieving breed will excel in such a sport

oohh! I like the silver and the buff laces quite a lot. Very pretty birds!

I like gamey type birds, any ideas?? I want more color than the American game
What color do you like? There are many variety’s of gamefowl. Mugs are my personal favorite. I also really like lemon blue modern games and OEGB.

Flarry eye grays are silver duckwings, beautiful birds. I don’t have many recent pics of them, these are the most recent ones.
5C39399C-732C-4B3E-9958-5C9B56005B5F.jpeg
641AEDA2-2F58-424F-A35D-154BE934FFCC.jpeg

if you are looking to show, I can give you some FB groups to join. You'll need to find a mentor to help teach you how it works. In shows like westminster, those are professional dog handlers!!!
I don't have a facebook account, a dog, the funds to get a dog, or the time for intense training, at the moment :lol: I really appreciate the offer, though!

Back
Top Bottom