Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Pics
I think that we already have one of those gates, but I totally forgot about it!! I'd only get a cat tree if he starts seeking out high places. Much of our furniture is ANCIENT, for some reason (like hundreds of years old) and my cat is (obviously) not declawed. I don't want him to cause damage to it. I'd probably try to find a used one, also.

Yeah, if he discovers high places because of a dog, the furniture will be the first choice!

Our cats LOVE my sisters top bunk, our bookshelves, the backs of couches, and the dog is NOT allowed in my room, so plenty of places for the cats, that doesn't involve big ugly cat trees.

I'm really looking forward to teaching the 'heel' command. My parents will probably (with my eager help, of course, but mostly them) be focusing on sit, stay, etc, more important commands, and I'd really like to have the dog do a good heel (at least for me). Any tips for that? I've already seen several different methods for teaching it so I'm super overwhelmed lol

I'm really looking forward to teaching the 'heel' command. My parents will probably (with my eager help, of course, but mostly them) be focusing on sit, stay, etc, more important commands, and I'd really like to have the dog do a good heel (at least for me). Any tips for that? I've already seen several different methods for teaching it so I'm super overwhelmed lol
ohh, I love heel.

Position is very important, I usually just pull my dog next to me, feed it treats as we walk along. they usually figure it out really fast. for in public and distractions, and mainly training, are you open to a prong collar? super useful tools for training heel.

what kind of heel do you want? a loose leash heel, or do you want a fancy one?

How is it that you know everything about every animal ever? Witchcraft!
Damn!! She's on to me ... :oops:

A lifetime of studying and working with beasties on both a personal and professional level. And I'm lucky enough to have had some great animal peeps in my family (sadly gone now), like the uncle who professionally trained K9 drug detection dogs and taught me how.

...and a little witchcraft

Damn!! She's on to me ... :oops:

A lifetime of studying and working with beasties on both a personal and professional level. And I'm lucky enough to have had some great animal peeps in my family (sadly gone now), like the uncle who professionally trained K9 drug detection dogs and taught me how.

...and a little witchcraft

Heck yeah

what dogs do you have now, if you have any? picturess pleaseeee

anD you use e-collars?

should i order a mini educator, or a dogtra?

ohh, I love heel.

Position is very important, I usually just pull my dog next to me, feed it treats as we walk along. they usually figure it out really fast. for in public and distractions, and mainly training, are you open to a prong collar? super useful tools for training heel.

what kind of heel do you want? a loose leash heel, or do you want a fancy one?
No need for a fancy one- I just want to be able to go walking with the dog without all kinds of crazy, disorganized pulling and running around. What's a prong collar? I know that my parents have had success in general training with a collar that is for training, called a slip collar or something? It's one where you can pull on it to tighten in sync with the word 'no' to correct behavior, but the pressure can be released immediately after.

Back
Top Bottom