Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

If the dog yips and you pick it up and pet it to "calm it down," comfort it or make it be quiet, you will be training it to yip. All that attention is nothing but positive reinforcement, or praise, for yipping. Most yippers or barkers, are made, not born. It's a learned behavior.

Edited. Sorry for typos. Having problems with my hands.
The problem is yipping at things going on out side like people knocking on the door, a car going past that sort of thing, if they start yipping and then I need to tell them to be quiet every time then it would be a problem, if they rarely yip at anything and I can tell them to be quiet then it probably would not be a problem.

I've decided that my closet would be a great cat place, because it's easy to gate off, and it has a bunch of low shelves and stuff that my cat would like. I'll have to clean it, but I put some cozy blankets and pillows, a scratcher, food and water, etc.

Awww. Probably a good decision. I'm sure you will, but just remember to carefully screen your golden breeder-with them being so popular and all, there are a lot of shady figures that don't seem shady! Sorry, I also have an obsession with responsible vs irresponsible breeding. I flipped out yesterday when I heard my family friends are considering breeding their two different breed dogs. Hybrids can be great, but, blah blah blah, long story, I feel like it's too easy for them to be improperly bred. If/when you do get a golden, post photos!!!
Do not get me started!!

But, I do understand the predicament people feel when they want a puppy but cannot afford a well bred pup from a responsible breeder. So they look to rescue but breed specific rescues already have long lines of people waiting for a puppy.

Hence, the backyard breeder. Some are educated and responsible but you really have to look into them too. But puppy mills and store front purchases I absolutely cannot keep my mouth shut. I will carry on and on about where their dog came from and why it's important to not support them and ....and....and...lol

I personally LOVE the seniors with gray muzzles🥰 so much wisdom in their eyes and an abundance of love left to give. I like to adopt the unadoptable like seniors and medical needs dogs.

Last edited:
Do not get me started!!

But, I do understand the predicament people feel when they want a puppy but cannot afford a well bred pup from a responsible breeder. So they look to rescue but breed specific rescues already have long lines of people waiting for a puppy.

Hence, the backyard breeder. Some are educated and responsible but you really have to look into them too. But puppy mills and store front purchases I absolutely cannot keep my mouth shut and I will carry on and on about where there dog came from and why it's important to not support them and ....and....and...lol

I personally LOVE the seniors with gray muzzles🥰 so much wisdom in their eyes and an abundance of love left to give. I like to adopt the unadoptable like seniors and medical needs dogs.
SA.JPG

this dog and I grew up together, grey face <3

Do not get me started!!

Hence, the backyard breeder. Some are educated and responsible but you really have to look into them too. But puppy mills and store front purchases I absolutely cannot keep my mouth shut and I will carry on and on about where there dog came from and why it's important to not support them and ....and....and...lol

Agreed! Because I research dogs, I keep getting ads for things like 'Puppy Spot' where they sell terribly bred puppies with messed up drives of every single breed at an outrageous price. I have no problem with selling responsibly bred puppies at $2,000 each, but only because they spend more than that per puppy on health, deworming, food, socialization, etc. What bugs me is a site that sells guarding breeds at $4,000 per rottie because the puppies are cute so people will buy them and they want to make a couple bucks. I feel bad for all those owners who get dogs, especially attack/defense dogs, from sites like that. Once hormones kick in, those dogs will be living nightmares. And seriously, a malamute puppy in an ad? They are so fragile and easy to traumatise, but they also have some serious bite drive. Has anyone else noticed how almost nowhere will list actual breed characteristics? Sure, rotties CAN be sweet and friendly and loyal, but you forgot to mention that if they're not impeccably bred, they could also even kill? Puppies are not interchangeable. That working line GSD will NOT act like your golden, no matter how you raise it :he . Sorry, I had to get that out. I'm so sick of saying all that and then have somebody who was only half listening say,"Yeah, but what if that GSD is cheaper?".

Yeah, senior dogs are amazing. I know somebody who does something a lot like you, where they rescue traumatized older dogs and give them a happy last stretch of life.

Agreed! Because I research dogs, I keep getting ads for things like 'Puppy Spot' where they sell terribly bred puppies with messed up drives of every single breed at an outrageous price. I have no problem with selling responsibly bred puppies at $2,000 each, but only because they spend more than that per puppy on health, deworming, food, socialization, etc. What bugs me is a site that sells guarding breeds at $4,000 per rottie because the puppies are cute so people will buy them and they want to make a couple bucks. I feel bad for all those owners who get dogs, especially attack/defense dogs, from sites like that. Once hormones kick in, those dogs will be living nightmares. And seriously, a malamute puppy in an ad? They are so fragile and easy to traumatise, but they also have some serious bite drive. Has anyone else noticed how almost nowhere will list actual breed characteristics? Sure, rotties CAN be sweet and friendly and loyal, but you forgot to mention that if they're not impeccably bred, they could also even kill? Puppies are not interchangeable. That working line GSD will NOT act like your golden, no matter how you raise it :he . Sorry, I had to get that out. I'm so sick of saying all that and then have somebody who was only half listening say,"Yeah, but what if that GSD is cheaper?".

Yeah, senior dogs are amazing. I know somebody who does something a lot like you, where they rescue traumatized older dogs and give them a happy last stretch of life.

you mentioned puppy spot then I got a add for this soon afterwards

Mini Aussies - toyminiaussies.jpeg

toy aussie *barf*

Back
Top Bottom