Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Pics
People have kept every breed of dog in an apartment. What matters most of the time is the time you spend with them, and that they get exercise. Cardigan Corgis do fine in apartments so long as they have mental stimulation and several walks.

While there are breeds to definitely, absolutely veto in apartments, Corgis aren't one. Alaskan huskies, LGD breeds, schipperkes (small, but very, VERY barky) and anything that poos over a pound at a time, those are the kinds you don't want in an apartment!

....actually, you don't really want Alaskan huskies or LGDs at all unless you're using them for the job they're bred for. Not all dogs are pets.
Do Schipperkes yip or bark? I did a bit of research on them I don’t think anything said they barked a lot :thhow much is very very barky? anything else important to know about this breed?

I know that some people (carefully) outcross breeds to change the traits.....could the same be done to increase the breeding population? If you crossed Breed A to Breed B, then Back to a different dog of Breed A, over and over, would eventually have purebred Breed A dogs again? Or does that not make any sense to do?

Back
Top Bottom