DNA results for silkie sexing are in!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by realsis, Oct 21, 2013.

1. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    These two buffs are confirmed females and will be shipping out to me tomorrow or the next day! I'm so excited I had to share with you all! Here's a pic of my two new girls. Both buff. Pray they arrive safely!![​IMG]

2. MamaDoodle

MamaDoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2013
    Tennessee
    My Coop
    :weee

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Congratulations! Great the two buffs both turned out to be girls like you wanted!

4. realsis

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    I got so lucky! Breeder checked the weather and they are going to be sent out monday. better weather next week. They have some truck time before they get on there flight so she wanted to make sure weather would be good. Prayers for my babies long trip. I just hope they get here healthy! I'm so very excited! I'll post some pics when they get here. Its been a long process. Finally they are coming home! :)

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Good luck with the shipping, hopefully the weather and the USPS will cooperate and they will have a fast unadventurous journey and be with you before you know it.

6. realsis

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Thank you so much! This dna had been a longer process than I thought! I'm like a expected mother and I just pray God looks out for them during their long journey! Its all I can think of!!!! I just can't wait to get a call that they are SAFELY here!!! I just pray it all works out nicely. They sure are cuties!! I can't wait to hold and love them. I have a area all ready for them!

7. realsis

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    I made a mistake the buff on the far right is female the left is male my other buff female is not pictured here. So the one on the far right is being shipped along with another buff female I don't have pictured. The other little guys turned out male. So only one female here in the picture. Her sister is not pictured so im getting the far right bird and another buff not pictured here.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  8. ChickenLegs13

ChickenLegs13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2013
    Lower Alabama
    I would have guessed the one on the left was roo too. I have nothing to base that on other than he seens a bit more bigger & developed but based on an internet picture that means nothing. Hope they arrive well & safe!

9. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    DNA for silkies? There cute! My daughter has some self blue, white, and this mottled black.

10. stonecoldchey

stonecoldchey Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2013
    SE Oklahoma
    I hope they all arrive safely to you.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by