DNA Results!

Discussion in 'Ostriches, Emu, Rheas' started by The Sheriff, Jul 8, 2011.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Both boys.................[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

But look at it this way now you have an excuse to get more [​IMG] But sorry you didn't end up with a pair [​IMG]

3. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    Oh Mary! I'm sorry! I know how much you've wanted a breeding pair. I still haven't sent in for KKs test yet. Maybe I'm procrastinating? What now? Will you keep the boys?

4. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Quote:OH of course I'll keep them. They are total love bugs! I just need to find a girl to go with them. I put a wanted to buy ad on Craigslist for a young female. Hopefully someone will have one. If KK is a girl, you'd better lock her in at night! [​IMG]

If you decide to test make sure you grab low on the feather otherwise it just breaks instead of pulling out. You should do it. Just download the form. Pull the feathers. Send them in with a check for $25 and 24 hours later you know. [​IMG]

5. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I may have some good news regarding getting my girl emu. BYC friend 2buckskins steered me to a Craigslist ad offering juvenile emus for sale about four hours from me. The owner is working with me to DNA test two emus that she suspects are female. I am paying for the testing and if one is female she will have it delivered to me! I am so excited. The feathers are being plucked and sent to the lab tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I may get my Mary Catherine after all. And not a minute too soon. These two fools need a girlfriend.

[​IMG]

6. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for good news for you! [​IMG]

7. 2buckskins

2buckskins Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2010
    Northern CA
    Me too! I really hope you can find a nice girl!! [​IMG]

8. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I told Stuart and Louie that we might be getting a girl emu. They seemed surprised and confused. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Well, I am not getting my emu girl. The witch I was buying from got the DNA gender test results that I paid for, and decided to keep them, both girls, for her breeding stock! I am so angry that she would do that to me. The lab was so horrified at her scamming me that they are refunding the $50.00 I paid for the tests and not giving her the certificates. They consider the test results mine not hers. She just supplied the feathers.

I have met some pretty cruel people in my life but this one takes the cake! I can't believe I trusted her and let myself get so excited. Karma will get her in the end.

Thanks for getting excited with me.

Mary

10. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    The guy who runs my co-op up here raises emus........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by