Do ALL silkie roos look like this?

rosyposyosy

Songster
12 Years
Jul 11, 2007
010103010208010403200707178aa3f21da2973b6213000b21.jpg

Wow, great looking roos there. Is sparky a frizzle? his feathers seem sort of wavy?? and what a comb he has. All of mine are young but I can't wait til they have matured to I can see what theirs look like.

Marie

Hi Rosy,
it looks like your beautiful red roo is non-bearded, right? Silkies come both bearded and non-bearded. Anyway the non-bearded generally have somewhat smaller crests than the bearded ones. The comb is normal too. Some have small combs and some are larger. For show purposes, the smaller is better. I just love the color of your boy. That is the color I want! Lucky you! I have been looking for a long time for a girl that color.... no luck so far.

Lisa:)

Quote:
Sparky is not a frizzle. He does have long, flowing hair-like feathers that do have sort of a wave to them. He really is gorgeous (I may be just a wee bit partial, I admit). Is his comb a walnut comb? Rosy is the first person who's roo has had a comb similar (that I've seen). More often than not, they look more like Julie's. Anybody know if (Julie's) are the standard?

pigging%20out.jpg

This is what my pet quality silkie looks like. I want to say he is two months old? Don't really remember :p The little one behind him is 3 weeks younger, and the one in the milk jug is one month younger and a bad crossbeak.

Edit: If you got your bird from a hatchery, you will most likely not get anything close to the big poofy show or breeder quality birds you see people have.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom