Do any of y'all know what breed these mixed bantams are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lucyluvchickens, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Lucyluvchickens

Lucyluvchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2017
    Dripping Springs, Texas
    Ok so, on Saturday, I went to tractor supply and bought 8 little bantam chicks, only a few days old. They are supposed to be pure bred and "popular" bantam breeds (they are a straight run)
    Can any of y'all maybe identify a few? Honestly I kinda like the surprise, but I also like knowing what they are.
    Thanks y'all, her are some pics:
    This is the first one,
    [​IMG]

This is the second one, I am almost 100% sure it's a golden laced Cochin bantam, but still...
    [​IMG]

This is the third one, I'm honestly shook on what breed this is, he almost looks like a polish, except not...
    [​IMG]

This is the fourth one, I have a feeling it's a d'Uccle, but I dunno.... but isn't she cute?
    [​IMG]

This is the fifth one, I dunno if she's a serama or something like that.
    [​IMG]

This is the sixth one, he looks like a game bird, is that just me? (His legs look longer in real life lol)
    [​IMG]

This is the seventh, I feel like shes maybe a bantam Cochin or brahma.
    [​IMG]

This is the last, the eighth, to me she kinda also looks like a serama.
    [​IMG]

You might notice that I'm saying "he and she" but I honestly don't know what gender they are-thanks y'all!

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    I would say the ones you're guessing as seramas are really old english bantams as those get supplied to feedstores and seramas dont sadly. That one is defiantly a D'Uccle. 7 is a parteidge bantam cochin and I think you're right on the laced bantam cochin.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I agree - seramas, even if they sold them, have wings that point downward. Love the third chick, wish I knew what it was

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by