Do Any Of You Diaper Your Geese?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by FunnyBunnies12, Mar 13, 2011.

1. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Songster

I've ordered a duck/goose diaper from indoorducks for Sebastian, and was wondering if any of you have or do diaper your geese so they can come inside? Do you or have you put identification tags like you would put on a dogs collar just in case they wonder? I've thought about doing that when my diaper for Sebastian comes in.

2. The goose girl

The goose girl Songster

Jul 7, 2010
    Denmark
    My goose is diapered when he's inside or on the road. I haven't put a name tag on him - the chances of confusing him with another diapered goose are pretty slim...[​IMG]

3. crazy goose lover

crazy goose lover Chirping

May 17, 2010
    Athens Illinois
    One of mine is diaper and harness trained. No need for an ID tag. Everyone in town knows I am the crazy goose lady. Mine never wander away on their own. Be sure and get the harness plenty big they grow quickly.

4. sydney13

sydney13 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    My goose has a diaper so she can come in the house sometimes. Start them as yearly as possible because the better it will work that way. I introduced my goose to wearing a diaper when she was an adult and she doesn't like it much. She figured out how to loosen it and then step out of it but luckily after a lot of practice and treats she has gotten better at keeping it on [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: