Do Any Of You Watch Fringe?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by deb1, Dec 12, 2009.

1. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    I really like this show, although I have heard that it isn't doing great in the ratings. It has become a very clever and unusual show. For those who don't know, it is a strange science fiction show about a FBI agent and her cohorts who investigate very odd things. It is a tiny bit like x-files, though different.

The actor who plays Walter is so good in the part. He is funny and vulnerable at the same time. He played one of the kings in Lords Of The Ring.

Does anyone else watch this show?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  2. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

Yup. But I've missed the last few weeks so not up on the plot line.

It was created by JJ Abrams, who is best-known for Lost, but my fave series of his is Alias with Jennifer Garner and Michael Varton.

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I do, I record it every week!

4. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:I am watching last weeks show right now as I type. I missed a few shows also, but I have caught up easily.

I used to love Alias.

5. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    Watched every episode from the first. You could miss a couple - it's something different every week. I LOVE Walter - he's my favorite character!

6. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    pips&peeps :

I do, I record it every week!

I record it also. My entire family watches it together.

My youngest son wants to be a film director and he says that the man who plays Walter is one of the actors that he really wants to work with.

It amazes me that they could have made Walter a flat, two dimensional mad scientist, instead they have created a complex, vulnerable character that you really care about and he can still be very funny.

I also find it interesting how Peter calls his dad by his first name but Walter usually calls Peter, Son.​

7. bonnylass79

bonnylass79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2009
    Central Florida
    I love John Noble. The difference between Denethor and Walter is night and day, yet he plays them both flawlessly. He's the whole reason I started watching the show.

8. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    So, have any of you figured out why Walter made a door to the other side?? I did a few months back........

9. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Great show, watched it faithfully the 1st season, will have to catch up 2nd season online or rent it. There's some mind-blowing stuff in this show.

IMO, Walter is the best character on Fringe! John Noble does an excellent job portraying a slighty-mad, genial and quirky scientist. "While you're out, get me some cotton candy. Blue, not pink." Just zany. [​IMG]

10. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    pips&peeps :

So, have any of you figured out why Walter made a door to the other side?? I did a few months back........

Yes. Shall we issue a Spoiler Alert?​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by