Do auto tuners do more

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Poultrybonkers, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    Bad then good? Like do they make the egg grow messed up? Or is that how its suppose to be? These eggs look not normal from my others that didnt use a auto turner

2. h4ppy-chris

h4ppy-chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2011
    burnley, UK
    Quote:how do you mean messed up?

3. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    Quote:how do you mean messed up?

I'm uploading a video the veins are around the air cell and I think the yolk is floating free

4. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    Heres the vid

5. h4ppy-chris

h4ppy-chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2011
    burnley, UK
    its a bit hard to see from the vid evan though it's a good vid... auto turners move that slow they wont harm any eggs. it will be good to see if it hatches ok.

6. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    I couldn't watch the video, my dial up internet is being a pain today. Are the eggs that arn't right, smaller than the ones that are? I get better hatches NOT using the auto turner on my smaller eggs. My LF eggs do great, but I think the banty eggs vibrate too much. Could be that I got a flawed turner, or there is another reason the banty eggs hatch better when hand turned.

7. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
    I use an auto turner with my eggs and haven't had trouble. It's much easier than hand turning. I have two Brinsea 20 Eco models with the auto turner. Earlier this year, I had a blue Jersey Giant pullet chick hatch at 18 day (!!!) when the auto turner was still running. The rest of the batch didn't hatch 'til day 21 as expected. I assume that egg must have been hidden under the straw for a few days before I collected it. It had been horribly hot out, above 100 with high humidity so it developed before being put in the incubator. I had put it in just to balance out some eggs I'd had carefully stored in my "wine cellar" AKA the cabinet in the north side of our kitchen. The auto turner certainly did her no harm- she's now quite the lovely lady!

8. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    Quote:The egg in the video is a leghorn its not the only one its happening to either. I don't have banty in my bator

9. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    Quote:The egg in the video is a leghorn its not the only one its happening to either. I don't have banty in my bator

Forget I said banty or LF. What I was trying to say, was I believe my turner vibrates and possibly damages smaller eggs as oppossed to larger eggs.The smaller eggs have room to jiggle around in the turner, and the larger eggs don't.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by