Do Ayam cemani get broody?

One of my AC hens collected 13 eggs, hatched 4 and then left the rest. I put the remaining ones in the incubator, hatched two, and the rest were not viable. The two I hatched were a couple days after she hatched her last one, but she would not take the incubated chicks. They all are thriving, one is a runt for sure 🤣

Attachments

• 06E72CD3-7C34-4611-A611-A2F564A3B3A6.jpeg
    06E72CD3-7C34-4611-A611-A2F564A3B3A6.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 4
I was told Ayam Cimani rarely go broody but it appears my flock of hens are NON STOP broody. I even had 2 broody hens in the same nest sitting on 17 eggs.. 12 hatched. As soon as I put the hens back in the coop another went broody having 1 out of 4 hatch (it’s been cold outside) now, I have another wanting to go broody but, winter is upon us… no more broody this year. I keep taking their eggs. I guess they don’t know winter is coming! So, that makes 4 out of 6 hens that have gone broody!

I was told Ayam Cimani rarely go broody but it appears my flock of hens are NON STOP broody. I even had 2 broody hens in the same nest sitting on 17 eggs.. 12 hatched. As soon as I put the hens back in the coop another went broody having 1 out of 4 hatch (it’s been cold outside) now, I have another wanting to go broody but, winter is upon us… no more broody this year. I keep taking their eggs. I guess they don’t know winter is coming! So, that makes 4 out of 6 hens that have gone broody!
My hens are the same, the broodiest of any of my other chicken breeds. Luckily, they are GREAT mamas and daddy is an awesome dad. 🖤

Back
Top Bottom