Do baby chicks need special food

candychick

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 22, 2012
US
I have a broody chicken that is due tom and i wanted to know if the chicks would need special food. We are letting her take care of the babies so i dont know if she can make the food smaller or something...sooo...should i feed them seperatly or is layer feed ok?

ok...so how would i seperate them to eat? Should i change all of the other chikcens food because they will be staying with the hen...sooo they would probably want to eat her food

In mixed flocks, the Layer gets put up. It's that simple. Feed companies make All Flock or Flock Raiser for this reason. Of course a 20% protein Grower or GameBird grower also works. Chick Starter/Grower is also available non medicated and everyone, even laying hens gobble it up.

Provide some calcium source, such as oyster shells, on the side, and normally only the laying hens mess with it as only their bodies crave the calcium.

Some folks never buyer Layer feed. It's just Grower with the calcium ground in for convenience. That's all it is in the first place.

ok thank you...darn it
barnie.gif
i guess if we have babies i will need to buy some new food...
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom