Do bulls normally do this????

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by luvmychicknkids, Aug 24, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Alright, I wills start by saying, I know NOTHING about cows. Period. However, my neighbors have a huge field full of them. The field is right behind my house....VERY close to my house in fact. They are a bunch of big black ones...very pretty and we adore them. At night they are always gone somewhere and the only time I have ever seen or heard one at night was twice when there was one making a racket by the fence and the next day they had a new baby. Well, they added a bull a day or two ago....I suppose he is a stud service sort of thing (I HOPE he is not here for long). He is now (at 12:47 AM) standing right outside my bedroom window yelling for his women!!! I guess anyway. It is an awful racket. Don't they take a break from mating to sleep or anything! This is unbelievable!!!!

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    lol..luv the story....cute to me..probably not so much to you!![​IMG]..sweet dreams..[​IMG]..Wendy

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL...gee, thanks!!!! [​IMG]

Actually, it is probably a good thing I am a terrible insomniac anyway. I would have strangeld the poor guy by now. He sounds so MISERABLE!!!!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ..lol..yeah..i'm one also..(all those years working the 11-7 shift!)..[​IMG]....lol....go talk to him...he's probably lonely!..misses his regular herd...poor guy!!..[​IMG]...well...i wish you luck!..take care..[​IMG]..Wendy

5. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    Never had a bull make noise like that. The only racket would come from the cows whose calfs had recently been taken to market. The sound would break your heart, and I'd always find an excuse to leave the property at those times. Personally, I'd take a bellowing bull over a searching mother any day [​IMG]

6. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    yes it is common and no its not uncommon for them to be incessant about wanting their needs fulfilled. i have seen it year after yr my whole life being i a cowboy in cattle country its kinda just another thing here but yes it is extremely annoying. hahaha u could go out and rattle some pans or something to drive him away but dont be surprised if it just ticks him off . in my professional opinion hahahaha id just wait it out less dangerous good luck

7. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:I definitely agree with you on that! I am sure that would just devestate me. [​IMG]

Well, no pan raattling. LOL I finally just fell out from exhaustion......I always do eventually. [​IMG] Hope he isn't there tonight.

8. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I think I'd have to have a talk with the neighbor. I realize that the bull i just being a bull, but I'd have to explain that with every moaning groan, he'd be sounding more and more like a thick, juicy STEAK!!!

9. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL Nah.....these are good neighbors. Very polite neighbors with spoiled rotten, sweet natured, well cared for, cows. I can handle this guy for a few days. [​IMG]

10. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:and then have steak?!? LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by