Do call ducks have breathing problems because of their short bill?

Callducks4ever

Hatching
Jan 30, 2022
Hey, I saw a video stating that quality call ducks have difficulty breathing because of their short bills, I would like some more information on this, anyone know if this is accurate? I tried looking this up myself but couldn’t find any info

They aren’t like brachycephalic dog breeds, which could be where the idea comes from.
That’s what I thought, there was this girl going on about how their short bill affects their breathing, to me It sounds like her duck was breathing bad because it has a respiratory infection and not because of their bill, my calls don’t sound like that, but I thought I would ask to see what other people would say, thanks for the response

They aren’t like brachycephalic dog breeds, which could be where the idea comes from.
That’s what I thought, there was this girl going on about it in a video, but I assume her duck was breathing bad because it had a respiratory infection and not because of their bill, I own calls and none of mine ever sound like hers did unless they were sick, I didn’t think her statement was true, thanks for your response

Back
Top Bottom