1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do Cayugas lay eggs every day?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by scooterward, Sep 9, 2010.

1. scooterward

scooterward Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Lenoir City, TN
    My girls have started laying this week and I've been getting two eggs a day. I know with chickens they lay almost every day but not quite. Do ducks lay an egg every day (as long as there's proper daylight requirements)?

2. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    It depends on the duck, but when they are in good laying form, they'll probably lay an egg a day for a good long while. Then they'll taper off and take a declining sunlight break, or a molting break, or a brooding break. Cayugas are not one of the really high producing ducks, but they should do pretty well on that score, and yeah, they'll probably lay every day for a while. [​IMG]

3. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Quote:agreed there, mine average 75 eggs a season per hen. at peek 1 a day, for a month or so, then 1 every other day from then on

4. scooterward

scooterward Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Lenoir City, TN
    Thanks for the responses. It's just very exciting to see two eggs every day right now. Gabrielle is very consistent in the size of her eggs and they are a light color. Kiera is still working on the right size and hers are black. At this rate I will have to do a lot of baking!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by