Do chickens like beer?

kaki

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 24, 2011
... because I have some left over from a party, and even though I'm an Aussie, I don't drink it...

About feed, I add water to it, but my mother in law (who knows nothing about chickens, just a little less than me)
My father would mix water in with the chicken feed to make something breakfast muesli... but my father in law doesn't. with the $#&%#'ng hot weather here, I find myself topping up the 2L water bottle each morning and night, so just looking at their dry feed makes me thirsty...

Also, i have some brightly coloured caterpillars that eat my parsley, and I think the chooks would love them... green with black stripes and orange dots inside the stripes...
(curse this no-new-member-photo thing... gotta get my post count up...)

i dont want to poison my little friends with a disgusting bug...

check out my BYC page...

On accident one time, my chicks have had the opportunity to drink my peach schnapps. It was when they were living in the house and they knocked down my bottle of schnapps shattering it in the process. They drank it all up and they seem to like it, but they won't have a taste of it anytime soon as far as i'm concern. Whether it affect them or not I couldn't tell.

There are a lot of things that you can give chickens and they will be ok but I would not recommend. My neighbors give leftover wine to their chickens and they seem ok but I worry about poisening and dehydration so I would say not to if you want to play it safe.

Quote:
I wouldn't intentionaly give my girls alcohol... wouldn't think it's good for them. But I can totally see the girls going for spilled schnaps of any kind, they definately have a sweet tooth (or is it sweet beak?). They love fruits and raisins :)

Doesn't seem wise to give any kind of alcohol to a chicken. I wouldn't risk it. Better to put it on Craigslist or another similar site if you don't have CL, someone is bound to want it, especially if it's free.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom