CluckThis

Chirping
15 Years
16 Years
Feb 25, 2008
Dillon, Montana
My Coop
My Coop
Been snowing for 2 days now on and off. We have 5 to 6 inches on the ground. We opened the coop door last nice when there was only a dusting and only one came out ran once around the coop and when back in. Guess they are smarter than I thought......
032808009.jpg

032808011.jpg

032908012.jpg

Not really. Some of mine will walk thru it, others fly over it. If it's snowing, or just snowed, they don't come out of their coop.

Depends on the chicken. Some are wimps and hate snow and refuse to go out in it (like mine
roll.png
) and some don't care what it's doing, they like to be out. As long as they can come back in when they want to, they'll be fine.

I like your pictures. The chickens have the same "You certainly don't expect us to go out in this, do you?" look that mine have. That coop is totally buried under snow! Poor chickens!
ep.gif

We keep checking them and they seem to be happy hanging out in the coop, we have heat lamps in there still since they are only 8 weeks old and we have been having some really cold night still in the great pacific NW.
hmm.png
more than 6 inches on the ground and still snowing.
Didn't someone say it was now spring!

It snowed here this year. This is the first snow any of my chickens have seen and some are two years old. I opened my run door thinking the ducks would have a good time in it. The chickens beat the ducks out the door and had a ball.

A few more came out yesterday afternoon but not for long:/
They didn't seem to like the cold snow on there feet. Here is what we have woken up to this morning!
033008033.jpg

Back
Top Bottom