Do chicks get lonely in brooder?

morefam

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2020
This is my first hatching. 6 eggs. 1 hatched about 36 hours ago. Send and third have started today. The first chick was dry and pecking at the pip so we moved it to the brooder this morning. Is it normal for a single chick to chirp loud and constantly? When anyone gets close to the brooder, it will quiet down. Is it lonely? Is it cold? If so, can I hold it with me?

If the temperature is correct I think that she's lonely. You can hold her and keep her warm or try give her a teddy bear of her dimensions. When my youngest pullet was born, I unfortunately found the mum and the siblings dead, so she came home with me and I gave her a little teddy bear and se loved sleeping on it:lol:

Yes, even when we would transfer just one at a time from outside to in, the first one to get put into the brooder was loud as all get out til her sister joined her.

The mirror idea has been a huge help in raising our duckling. Overall, he's been really great and fairly easy, but even more so after getting a small mirror for him

Back
Top Bottom