DO COMMERCIAL TURKEY BREED NEED LIGHT AT NIGHT AND DO THEY STILL REQUIRE THEIR FOOD AT NIGHT TOO

Kalunga Pharms

Chirping
Jul 15, 2021
I want to know if my BBW turkeys need their light to be on 24/7 and also would they require their food 24/7 too? Please answer considering the fact that they are going to be used as commercial birds. Thanks a lot!

I want to know if my BBW turkeys need their light to be on 24/7 and also would they require their food 24/7 too? Please answer considering the fact that they are going to be used as commercial birds. Thanks a lot!
Not enough information. Are you talking about in the brooder? It does not matter whether they are heritage or BB, they need heat 24/7 in the brooder until they are acclimated to the ambient temperature.

If the heat source is not from a heat lamp, no they do not need a light on at night. If the heat source is a heat lamp, it is best to use a red heat lamp at night rather than a white heat lamp.

I use a GQF brooder heater in conjunction with a daylight bulb. In the daytime the light is on. At night it is off.

In the brooder, I leave the feed and water available 24/7 but they do go to sleep at night and could get by without the feed being available at night.

If you are talking about other stages of their life when they re not needing supplemental heat, no they do not need a light on at night,

Back
Top Bottom