Do courtaix quails mate with other males?

Sammi_0411

Crowing
Jun 20, 2020
England UK
Hey so i have 9 quails they 7 weeks old have one crower and mater and 4 egg layers so far tryin to figure out rest was trying to see who he mated with to attempt to guess they female but then someone told me that males can also mate with other males to show dominance
Another thing everytime i look my guy is constantly on top of my females taking in turns this normal yeah ? Worried about overmating sorry first time quail owner
Tia
Sam 💖💖

That is true that with many animals in general it will look like mating between the same gender for dominance an alike. When you say on top of them do you mean sitting or mating. If he’s mating maybe he’s just really horny and is a bit CrAzY! If he’s just sitting on them then that not odd either because my friend has a quail that like to sit on his girl(s) sometimes. :)

Last time I had extra boys I put the two non breeders together to see if I could get them to eating size... the charcoal one would mount the wildtype one every five minutes or so and the poor fellow lost a lot of neck feathers. Less likely to happen if there’s hens about but those 7 week olds get up to all sorts of mischief

My main roo will go on a mating round, and just get on female after female, and as he he runs around he often gets on another male, usually he notices and hops off, but sometimes he’s in the heat of the moment, and they get a turn too haha. None of them seem to care.

Hey so i have 9 quails they 7 weeks old have one crower and mater and 4 egg layers so far tryin to figure out rest was trying to see who he mated with to attempt to guess they female but then someone told me that males can also mate with other males to show dominance
Another thing everytime i look my guy is constantly on top of my females taking in turns this normal yeah ? Worried about overmating sorry first time quail owner
Tia
Sam 💖💖

When mine are that age they try to mate with everybody, including other males in mid-crow.

Back
Top Bottom