1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do Cuckoo Maran rooster have a loud crow??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by guillr2, Oct 31, 2012.

1. guillr2

guillr2 New Egg

Oct 31, 2012
    Two months ago i bought a 2 month old cuckoo maran. at the time, i was new to the chicken world and didn't have a reason to question the sex of of my chicken. But after, 2 months I have seen him grow and started to notice a few differences. after a lot of online search, i came to the realization that my poullet was indeed a cockerel. Now my concern is what to do with him.
    I want to keep him, but i am concerned that if he begins to crow very loudly in the morning it might cause some complications with my neighbors.
    So my question is:
    Does anyone have experience with cuckoo maran roosters?? If so, can you tell me if this breed is know for having a loud crow.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you.

Robert

2. SweetSilver

SweetSilver Chillin' With My Peeps

The only CM rooster I know personally has a deep, resonant crow. Sounds quiet to me, but then I have screechy, loud bantam cockerels that make this guy sound quiet by comparison. But in a neighborhood without a rooster, the neighbors will hear him loud and clear.

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    my dads black copper marans are loud like any other large fowl rooster

4. Margitas

Margitas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Hudson NY
    I raise marans and when they start crow is ok, but later they loud i bet can win the crowing congress.
    If you can just keep him inside to 9 am ,also can set automatic door opener if you not home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by