Do EE's go broody?????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ginbart, Dec 21, 2008.

1. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I have 2 EE hens and would like to know if they go broody at all. I may hatch more if they do. It will save me some work this spring. [​IMG] Thanks.

2. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I had them for 4-5 years, never had one go broody.......

Real ameraucanas will go broody.

3. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

One of my two EE's went broody [​IMG]

4. Ol'Biddy

Ol'Biddy Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2008
    Southeast Oregon
    With chickens anything is possible:idonno. I've heard that broody has been bred out of BS, but one of my hens went broody last fall after only laying a few tiny pullet eggs. It took me a while to realize what was happening considering the short, cold days, her breed, age, and no roo. She was pretty easy to break so might not have actually hatched out a clutch, but I'm hoping she does it again in spring so I can put some fertile eggs under her and hope for the best.

5. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I have 2 EE's, both went broody this year and one was broody 3 times. [​IMG]

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Mine have in fact one just hatched at thanksgiving, she hatched out a couple batches of guineas this spring too.

7. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    [​IMG] Hopefully my bator can be put away in the spring, I'm going with the 3 out of 4 saying yes. [​IMG]

Thanks everyone.

8. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:im right there with you wishing... I dont want to hatch and if momma will do all the work thats even better [​IMG] If one of my RIR ever go broody I will fall over [​IMG] Im not even wishing for that

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by