Do girls crow?????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by PeepsAreForMe, Jun 5, 2012.

1. PeepsAreForMe

PeepsAreForMe Songster

Apr 10, 2012
    Pemberton Borough, NJ
    Here are some pictures - I tried to get good shots, but you know how quick they are!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nicole01

Nicole01 Crowing

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Oh my, 2 boys. :(

3. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Songster

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    agreed

4. PeepsAreForMe

PeepsAreForMe Songster

Apr 10, 2012
    Pemberton Borough, NJ
    OH MY IS RIGHT!!! Oh no may be more like it. (well, neither are the first thing that came out of my mouth though!) That would explain why they chest bump each other. Oh boy. Is two roo's with three pullets not safe?

5. Nicole01

Nicole01 Crowing

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    No, the ideal is 1 rooster to 8-10 hen's. Otherwise, the hens are over bred.

Females also chest bump. :) Mine did all the time.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  6. aggiemae

aggiemae Songster

Mar 18, 2012
    Salem Oregon
    I keep checking these threads about sexing and though I am sorry about your boys thanks to your great pictures I finally know for sure that I have six hens. ..including one incredible aggressive Buff Orpington.

7. PeepsAreForMe

PeepsAreForMe Songster

Apr 10, 2012
    Pemberton Borough, NJ
    I'm still not convinced Snow White is a roo also. Her tail is no where near as long as Cinderella's. So as for treats, I have not tried bread. I have tried meal worms (could care less), lettuce and tomatoes (not interested), Heathly Hens treats (nibbled a bit). Last night I cut up some cabbage and grapes and put them in a big pan. They picked at that. One took a grape from my hand and seemed to like it. I also threw in an ear of corn. I put all that in their run and saw them eating it this morning. One day, they will associate me with food!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: