Do hens crow? Not often, but yes, they can! VIDEO!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BarkerChickens, Jun 27, 2010.

1. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Gabby is definitely her own bird...and walks to her own tune. She has startled me a few morning doing outside of the bedroom window. I come running thinking someone got hurt and find her doing this! haha! [​IMG]

Only pay attention to the first half..the second half is me following her to see if she crows again, with no luck. Pretty boring. [​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    A hiccup gone wild! She looked rather startled!

3. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    She thinks she wants to crow, but seems to only have the Rrrrrr part down of the Rr-Rr-Rr-Rr-Rrrrrrrrr. [​IMG] She flies out of the run most mornings, wanders around happily by herself and, on occasion, crows. I guess the roo is boss of all that is in the run, she is boss of all that is NOT in the run! [​IMG]

4. Aframechickens191

Aframechickens191 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Hahaha I have an oegb hen that does this, but its slightly more advanced; more like a young cockerel just starting out, and very amusing to watch! hmm....if only i could figure out how to post vids without a youtube account.....(goes off to post question)

5. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    My BSL Harriet crows on occasion. She started after I got roosters - strange. It's kind of hoarse and not too loud, but it's a definite crow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by