Do I clip just one chook's wings? Or all of them?

tenaki

Chirping
Sep 6, 2022
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi!

I've got 6 chooks, and turns one of them - the tiny feisty bantam - has been flying over a 2m fence to the neighbours' backyard...
The other 5 haven't exhibited such behaviours. That we know of...

So we've decided to clip one of the bantam's wings. Should I clip the other chooks' wings too? It's been suggested that I should clip all of the chooks just in case, because they might have learnt from watching the bantam... But it feels unnecessary if the others haven't done it...

Opinions?

Thank you!

Hi!

I've got 6 chooks, and turns one of them - the tiny feisty bantam - has been flying over a 2m fence to the neighbours' backyard...
The other 5 haven't exhibited such behaviours. That we know of...

So we've decided to clip one of the bantam's wings. Should I clip the other chooks' wings too? It's been suggested that I should clip all of the chooks just in case, because they might have learnt from watching the bantam... But it feels unnecessary if the others haven't done it...

Opinions?

Thank if the others show no interest in flying, you really don’t need to, but on the same hand, it wouldn’t hurt to. just make sure you always do the same side on all chickens. That way their is no confusion as to what ones you’ve done or not.

Back
Top Bottom