do I dare go to TSC...update pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MNmommy, Apr 16, 2009.

1. MNmommy

MNmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    central MN
    I need more chicks like I need a hole in my head....... actually that is what I might end up with if I come home with more!!!!....maybe just go "see" is they got any polish in since I am thinking both mine are roos.......

UPDATE

Well they didn't have any polish but they has some cuties that had to come home with me. I think 3 are d'uccle maybe 2 are the porcelain color ?? I have 2 10 day old d'uccle mille fleur but I am pretty sure they are roos at least one is.

the other 3 are clean leg but their legs almost have a green/grayish tint so hoping they are ee's?? I will post in the breed section and see what they think. I went will all lighter yellowish color because many I have already are darker so I wanted a nice variety.

they are so tiny compared to the 10 day olds already everyone is a bantam. They are from mt. healthy hatchery. I put them all together and taking a chance they are all healthy?? dh would kill me if I set up another brooder. TSC just got them in today so they are only a couple days old. Hopefully they make it but I know they shipping is tough on the lil' ones

here are the d'uccle?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here are the clean leg bantams

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here is a group shot look at the size difference

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  2. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Welllllllllllllllllllllllll you might as well just go "see"...
    Nothing wrong with "looking" [​IMG]
    Especially if you think you got roos...
    Cant have that now can we? [​IMG]

3. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Hmmmmm? Do you "just happen to need......" anything else? Maybe a bag of feed, or shavings, or.........a new bator? HEHEHEHEHE!!!!!! [​IMG]

4. karen71

karen71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Bear, DE
    hey holes in the head are great [​IMG]

just go to see
    that's what I did with Bec I went with her to check out the silkie chicks to just see and came home with

[​IMG]

my holes in the head

5. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    A bit off topic but how often do TSC keep chicks in stock?
    Does it vary by store?
    The only time ive seen them up at ours was for easter...

6. MNmommy

MNmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    central MN
    My Tsc gets a shipment in every week for a few weeks. I have been calling non stop but now I can take their number of my speed dial cuz NO MORE CHICKS FOR ME!!!!

I also was told from over on the "what breed is this" board that the second chick with the darker colors is a bantam silver seabright so I am really excited to watch them feather out. I have 3 of they so hopefully one turns out to be a pullet. Where I live i can only have 4 hens so out of the 18 chicks I have right now I am hoping to have 4 beautiful sweet hens out of the bunch and if they all sre roos I GIVE UP!!! [​IMG]

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

The clean leg bantams look like silver sebrights.

8. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    My local feed store gets 2 shipments a week and they go FAST! They had 3 goslings that actually came up to the kids. If I had more property, I would have snapped them up in an instant.

ETA: I too am heading to the feed store. Please, God, give me strength to make it through the feed store with only what I need (cat food, chick food).

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  9. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Oh that TSC and those feed stores.... dangerous, dangerous places! [​IMG] I really need to go get some bales of shavings and some chick grit and I've been holding off as long as possible. I'm so afraid there will be something peeping there that just must come home with me! I have no will power when it comes to chicks! [​IMG]

10. karen71

karen71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Bear, DE
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by