Do I have a baby chicken or a baby turkey?

legacy1

In the Brooder
Sep 1, 2021
Hi,
I purchased my baby chick from a reputable store and now I was told that I have a baby turkey and she probably was in the batch of baby chickens by mistake. Since this is my first time dealing with chickens I have no clue. I did research this and found that turkeys have a little bump, which I do not see. Can someone help me out with this??

Attachments

• IMG_8090 copy.jpg
    IMG_8090 copy.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_8089 copy.jpg
    IMG_8089 copy.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 45
Hi,
I purchased my baby chick from a reputable store and now I was told that I have a baby turkey and she probably was in the batch of baby chickens by mistake. Since this is my first time dealing with chickens I have no clue. I did research this and found that turkeys have a little bump, which I do not see. Can someone help me out with this??
It's either a poult or a keet. I can't really tell under the red light. Size would most likely tell you which. Definitely not a chick.

Thank you. Here are a couple more pictures not under the red light. "She" is very small, still fits in the palm of a hand.

Attachments

• IMG_8095 copy.jpg
    IMG_8095 copy.jpg
    632.9 KB · Views: 43
  • JPEG image-147DA3C34240-1.JPEG
    JPEG image-147DA3C34240-1.JPEG
    406.7 KB · Views: 40
Hi,
Guinea Keet.

Back
Top Bottom