1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do I have a Buff Brahma, and could you take a look at my chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cowcreekgeek, Oct 11, 2012.

1. cowcreekgeek

cowcreekgeek Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2012
    Hurricane, WV
    Beyond just Breed Identification, I'm hopin' to gather opinions as to their current level of development ...

[​IMG]

If you wouldn't mind, please >> peck here << to check 'em out ~'-)

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    well from the back it looks like a buff brahma

3. cowcreekgeek

Sep 14, 2012
    Hurricane, WV
    Seems to be the consensus of early opinion, and thanks for sharin' your own ... took some pictures to help another out w/ her questions about feathering, and figured I'm make use of 'em to find out what a few of my own were, and where they stand. The full thread is here:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...elopment-of-my-18-day-old-chicks#post_9768750

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    looks like it is but really need a comb shot to tell

5. cowcreekgeek

Sep 14, 2012
    Hurricane, WV
    The pics I took were focused on development, but I'll see what I can find mixed in there ...

:: sticks head in folders; scratches around a bit; realizes she's in several others already uploaded to that other thread ::

Turns out she's in a few pictures > in this thread << could ya just hop over there 'n post your thoughts? Thanks, and I will be taking more on the 21st 'day-after birth day' and will make sure to get better shots of 'em all ~;-)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by