newchicks004.jpg

newchicks005.jpg

and these are my ffa chicks,ee mixes they are bout 8 weeks old
newchicks006.jpg

all three
newchicks010.jpg

im thinking the one in from is a pullet,back roo
newchicks008.jpg

i have never had a chicken with neck feather like this,is it because hes a mix,a roo or what lol
newchicks013.jpg

these are the 2 i think are roos

I can say that the pic of the last bird with the neck feathers is about 90% surely a roo. It appears to be an ee and mine (roo) had both neck and tail feathers just like that when I started suspecting him. But I think the one on the left is a pullet.

Last edited:
and of course hes like the sweatest bird ever.....we already have a coochin roo and if the rir is a roo my hubby wants to keep him so that one will have to go.when did yours start crowing cause hes not yet

Mine still has yet to crow and he's around 7-8 months old. I only confirmed him roo this past month because I came home and caught him having his way with one of my buff orpingtons. Since then his tail feathers have grown even longer.

I also have another white EE about 10 days old in my brooder and it's the sweetest of the sweet chickens. No doubt it will be a roo too. It's always the sweet ones that steal your heart.

The one in the middle, second to last photo, is a pullet... the last photo is a roo on the right... maybe pullet on the left.
The RIR looks to be a roo.

whats funny is,when i first got these birds and posted pics about a month ago,the one that is probably a pullet was quessed as a roo.the other 2 where quessed as pullets lol. i bought them to help out the ffa kids but was still hoping for some more laying hens

Back
Top Bottom