do i have a chance??

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by shadowpaints, Sep 20, 2009.

1. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    First of, let me say im not a mean hateful person. second off let me say every animal that is on my property, i protect.. with a .22 if necessary.....

here is my History with the neighbor. I want to know if i have a chance on 'making friends'

we moved out here about 3 years ago. when we moved out here, we had a 3 yearold daughter and a 9 month old daughter. we also brought along, 3 big horses 2 miniatures, a 2 steers , 5 pygmy goats and a dog. we soon found out there was a dog living under the house.. it wasnt a big deal until the 2nd day , i went out to feed the critters and this dog LUNGED out from under the house madder than heck.. snarling and everything. we live in the country so cops dont like to come out often. hubby chased the dog out and followed it . found out where the dog lived.. he knocked on the door to ask them to keep the dog on their property. he barly and the words ' can you' out and the door got slammed in is face.

fast forward to a month later.. the dog from before is gone. idk where it went but its gone. they get a puppy... the puppy grows up and starts getting into my back yard. i line the fence with electric fencing.. and let them know the dog is getting in my yard. the dog kept getting in the yard.. he wasnt hurting anything at first.. then he started chasing the goats... so i got the pellet gun out ( after calling the police) and binged him everytime he was in the yard.. he still didnt stop. one morning i get up and he is in my back yard.. and had killed my registered Nigierian doeling. GAH i shot him with the .22 no im not proud of it.. i have dogs i love em. but if i hadnt of done it he would have kept killing.

i have not talked to them at all in allmost a year. they havent got another dog . but i gave the kids 2doz fresh eggs to take their mom.. i really want to be friends... do i have a chance??

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  2. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    forget the people but get some begging strips and have your kids make friends with the puppy QUICK!

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    yeah, if it is a puppy then you can give it aversion training. cayenne pepper sprinkled around the boundries is good. A water bottle, spray bottle, or some sort of loud noisemaker [​IMG]

4. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    LOL i accidently hit send before i finished the post lol the 'short' version is all finished now LOL

5. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    oops, eggs are good, don't know if you can be friends [​IMG]

6. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    you know, i dont even want to be good friends.. just want to be able to be knice.. with out getting the GLARE... the husband understands that i did what i had to do, but the wife doesnt.. they have 8 kids and a few are close to my kids age... *sigh * the little things i worry about

7. Big Red's Mom

Big Red's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Terry, Mississippi
    Okay.....I do not blame you.......Do not feel bad......If it killed one it would be back.....
    People are funny....They may not be friends with any of the people you live around.
    Children are always much nicer....Just don't let your girls go for a inside visit.....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  8. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    very true i have not seen them or their kids converse at all with any of the other neighbors...

9. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    No advice. Just [​IMG]. I had bad neighbors in the past also. It sucks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by