Do I have a double yolker??? GRAPHIC PICS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pattgal, May 6, 2011.

1. pattgal

pattgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2010
    New Brunswick, Canada
    What do you think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    It appears so, but you can never be too sure without cracking it open and seeing for yourself! Enjoy your egg! Tell me if it turns out to be one. [​IMG]

3. pattgal

Apr 20, 2010
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Zaxby's2 :

It appears so, but you can never be too sure without cracking it open and seeing for yourself! Enjoy your egg! Tell me if it turns out to be one. [​IMG]

Unfortunately it wouldn't be too good. it's been almost a week in the incubator, I was wondering if it was worth keeping it in there as an experiment​

4. Zaxby's2

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    Oh, [​IMG] Cool experiment. You know, a double yoker is actually a pair of twins inside the egg, but they're said to not to be able to hatch right. [​IMG] Oh, well, there's always a first! Good luck! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  5. rider357

rider357 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2011
    Nokesville, Va
    It looks like one to me. I just hatched out a double yolker and have a nice set of perfect twin chicks! They're kind of small guys, but they are doing fine with the rest of the brood. The egg was huge when I gathered it from my coop and I decided to give it a try. I was watching it hatch and was real surprised when out popped 2 little chicks! [​IMG]:jumpy Go ahead and let it cook. I understand that doubles rarely survive, but mine are proof it can happen.

6. autumn11

autumn11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    Waynesville
    I thank it would be to have a double yoke egg
    [​IMG]

7. Zaxby's2

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    Quote:Yay!!! [​IMG] Do you have any pics? Oh, and... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. pattgal

Apr 20, 2010
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Quote:I knew they rarely survived but Ive never seen what it would look like. I didn't even know I had double yolkers from this hen
    I guess i'll leave it in and see. my egg is the same size as the others so my chances are probably slim to none but I'll never know if I don't try it out.
    I will keep posting pics of development.

9. HoglundH

HoglundH Chillin' With My Peeps

We had one it did not survive.

10. Penny1son

Penny1son New Egg

Apr 28, 2011
    I can't wait to see how it turns out [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by