Do I have ameraucana roosters!?

GANANA

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 12, 2013
I bought 3 ameraucana chicks (paid for pullets) in August from a hatchery and from pictures I have seen I now think 2 are roosters. They have very large plum tails with long feathers on their backs. The thing that is confusing me is they haven't started crowing at all and they do not have any spurs forming. One is getting kind of aggressive around my other hens. I just don't want a rooster because the last time I had one (RRI) it attacked my grandson and I just can't have that. Any ideas?

from the sounds of it you might, but pictures would help alot. Now on the roosters, RIR tend to be mean while ee's tend to be pretty clam and not aggressive to humans. so you might want to try one and just keep handling him so he's use to people
big_smile.png
good luck

Before i could get my technelogically impaired self out to take a couple pictures they started crowing! Great. Now I have to decide what to do and if I keep only 1, which one. I am just very leery of roosters since the last one I had attacked my 2 yr old grandson and really scratched him up. thanks for the help everyone.

Back
Top Bottom