Do I have another bird using my nests or...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CharterChick, Aug 18, 2014.

1. CharterChick

CharterChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2014
    Aberdeen, WA
    My Coop
    Is this a very tiny chicken egg? These were all in the same nests today. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CharterChick

Jul 21, 2014
    Aberdeen, WA
    My Coop
    I should mention I have 3 layers 2 lay regularly and 1 was pinned down by the neighbors dog and her leg got hurt it was a good thing I was nearby. But She hasn't laid (at least in the the nests) since last week but is doing fine now. She limped a couple days and walks/runs normal. I've been trying to find a nest out of the coop she might have made but they are hard to follow! Lol

3. lightchick

lightchick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    What breeds are they?

4. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    I'm guessing you have 2 EE girls. What's the other one? You can expect that that very blue egg will be a bit less blue after her eggs increase in size. If they stay that color, you certainly have a winner!

5. CharterChick

Jul 21, 2014
    Aberdeen, WA
    My Coop
    Ok so I'm not positive on the breeds but they are all chickens that have been laying normal sized eggs...
    Here's lady gaga
    [​IMG]
    Henny Penny the one in the front. I'm sure she lays brown eggs
    [​IMG]
    Juliana Moore
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure of their breeds I got them all from my dad and I was told they all were established layers I have been getting 2-3 eggs a day :) thanks for and help. My daughter want me to incubate the tiny egg lol she thinks it'll give us a "thumbilina" type of chicken

6. lightchick

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    Henny Penny looks like a Welsummer, but I'm not 100% sure. (they do lay brown eggs)
    Which one is the one with the hurt leg? The top hen and the very bottom hen look like mixes, but I think they both have a little Ameraucana in them.....

7. Mac14

Mac14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2012
    Northern California
    With an egg that small I don't think that it would have a yolk. I have a hen that would lay tiny eggs like that for a while, but they had no yolks. I'm thinking your hen that got attacked by the dog laid it. The stress of the attack probably made it so she laid that small egg.

8. lightchick

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    x2

9. CharterChick

Jul 21, 2014
    Aberdeen, WA
    My Coop
    Juliana Moore was the one that got pinned.

10. lightchick

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    She's probably the one that laid the blue egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by