Do I have any Roos? Please say at least 1...

Indiana Gallina's

Chirping
14 Years
Apr 7, 2008
Muncie, IN
Please help me if you can the first 3 are Silver Laced Wyandottes and the second 3 are all Black Sex Links Thanks

8528_100_0545.jpg

8528_100_0546.jpg

8528_100_0547.jpg

8528_100_0548.jpg

8528_100_0549.jpg

8528_100_0551.jpg

Black sex-link males would be barred like a barred rock, so those are all females. I don't know about the SLW as I have no experience with them, but those are some red combs on 2 and 3!

I am glad to hear that I have some. Last year I bought 9 buff opringtons and everyone said you will have at least a couple roos and they ended up being all pullets. Everyone tells me thats impossible lol but it happened to me.

Thanks so much for the responses.

The Wyandottes are roos. All the black sex-links are girls. Sex-links can be sexed at hatch (I think roos have a white dot on their head and the girls are all black) and when they get older, the roos are barred and the hens are gold and black.

Indiana Gallina's :

I am glad to hear that I have some. Last year I bought 9 buff opringtons and everyone said you will have at least a couple roos and they ended up being all pullets. Everyone tells me thats impossible lol but it happened to me.

Thanks so much for the responses.

Lucky! I am not going to keep roos so I wanted all pullets and no roos from the straight run group I got and I hit 2 for 12, hens to roos. Thats when I elected to order ones already sexed.

vortec​

Thats great to hear. I wasnt hoping for all roos but guess I will have to get rid of at least one maybe 2. Cause that will put me at 11 hens and 3 roos. I am guessing that will cause problems.

Back
Top Bottom