1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

do i have any sex link chicks, what do i have?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by what was i thinking, Nov 30, 2008.

1. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    shelley these are all your babies. 7 out of 9 that went into bator.
    here are some pics from this morning.
    feel free to tell me what breeds you think i have. they could be mixed, but what do you see? this is what i got for eggs. "Well, there are RIR, SLW, and white rock hens and roos in the mix, and a few columbian rock hens."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    The one with the spot on it's head really has me stumped! It has to be a SLW, but I'm not sure if it would be mixed. It looks like you got a pretty even mix of colors though! The little striped one we had hatched ended up looking like this:
    [​IMG]
    Here are some more pics of other chicks we hatched from the same mixed eggs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There is also a real dark chick that I don't seem to have a pic of, but she looks like a backwards columbian rock! All black with white collar. (edit) She is in the next to last pic actually!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  3. what was i thinking

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    the yellow ones with the stripe is the ones i was hoping would be sex links..... [​IMG] rir and slw i had a chance.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have no idea about sex linked chickens, so you may have some. Hope someone else comes along to help you out with that.

5. what was i thinking

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    well, they do look like the ones on feathersite. i don't know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by