Do I have Roos or Hens...breed?

my3bratz2008

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 2, 2009
Wurtsboro
Help Please!! I am sure I have at least 2 Roos, but the other 3 have me in question because their combs are getting larger and very red. I thought hens have duller colored combs. Plus I was told these were Americanas, but their legs are yellow not slate, so i am confused???? They have also become very aggresive towards my millie roos and all my turkey pullets and ducklings. Is it time for a new home for them? Okay, now I have to figure out how to put up pics.

We'll need pictures to really help you out... Can't tell from your description.

I can tell you that your "Ameraucanas" are probably something else if they have yellow legs.... again, we need pictures to be able to be more specific.

Okay, the first one is my Roo Jay in all his glory
38230_280.jpg
next is Sasha
38230_011.jpg
then we have Kestrel
38230_010.jpg
this one is Falcon
38230_013.jpg
and last we have Sophie, which I believe maybe the other roo
38230_012.jpg

what is an RSL? Sophie is the only one with a regular tail, the others all have those beautiful bent whispy ones, and "she" was a calico mixture as a chick and then told all golden.

They all seem to have muffs, so I think you're right about them being EEs. And depending on their age, their combs all make them look like roos... so how old are they?

Okay I went on the linked website, and she doesn't resemble those birds. She is the color of her daddy I was told by the guy we got them from. As I mentioned, she had calico markings like the others did, and then she went golden like her daddy. This pic shows her off, and note the tail.
38230_001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom