Do I have super chickens?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Nicolla, May 19, 2011.

1. Nicolla

Nicolla Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    North Alabama
    [​IMG]

I am still new to raising chickens. This is our coop my husband built. I let them out everyday to run around and when I want them to go back in I snap my finger and point at the coop and they all run in.

My neighbor saw this yesterday and told me that hes never seen that before and he used to have a ton of chickens. So is it usually hard to get your chickens back in their coop when you want them to? Maybe I have super chickens lol [​IMG]

2. smokeykk

smokeykk Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    yours are better than mine, mine don't even come when i call them!

3. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    I agree - mine will go in on their terms or when it is time - but if i want them in i have to make a rucus and sort of shoo them -

4. swampcat

swampcat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Brooklyn, CT
    Can your chickens teach my chickens that trick? I usually have to do the bribe and shoo to get them to do anything I want.

5. Mama Austranought

Mama Austranought Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Western Australia
    Super chicks or Super Nanny!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  6. Luke13:34

Luke13:34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    The Naugatuck Valley
    Mine have been trained to go back into the run when I clap my hands. NOT that they always want to. Occassionally they will give me a hard time and I bring out my "herding stick" to gently guide them in the right direction. Of course, it helps to put the treats inside the run just prior to clapping my hands. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by