Do I mist duck eggs for better hatch??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by willow, Apr 23, 2009.

1. willow

willow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Sherman, NY
    I had some trouble last year with hatching duck eggs, but, they WERE muscoveys. [​IMG] I've been cooling and misting my goose eggs so should I mist and cool the duck eggs too? [​IMG]

Thanks to ALL the Eggsperts here [​IMG]

2. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I mist and have great hatches over 90% all the time. I don't cool so I dont know about that.

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Mist and cool duck eggs. For my call ducks I start misting and cooling for 10 min a day on day 10.

4. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Quote:I keep reading that everyone has trouble with 'scovies. I have 20 in my bator right now they are day 8. When do troubles usually arise and what troubles did you experience? This is my first time incubating. I was wondering this same question so thanks for posting this thread.

5. willow

willow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Sherman, NY
    Thank you Sundown! [​IMG] I figured I'd try something different this year. [​IMG] Last year I hatched 2 out of 20 some muscovey eggs. Talk about bummed. [​IMG] They got all the way to almost hatching and died. They seemed to be very "wet" when I cracked them. I did hand turn and just had them laying in the 'bator. This year, I put them in the egg cartons and am turning the 'bator. Now I'll start cooling and misting. [​IMG]

Wish me luck!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. adorable

adorable Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    Quote:I know this is a old thread. but i was wondering how did this hatch go?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by