Do I Need To Add Anything To This No Soliciting Sign

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by deb1, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    I am creating a sign to tape to my front door. I have gotten tired of the solicitors that come to my door. It is very difficult for me to be mean to anyone. Yes, that is one of my faults and I am trying to work on it.

Today, a little, tiny, sweet looking, elderly Jeovovah's Witness came to my door. She asked if I thought that my church taught the truth according to scriptures. I told her that I was happy with my church's teachings. She showed me a bible verse that had nothing to do with the subject. Then she gave me a Watchtower pamphlet. Okay, I thought. I can go inside now. Nope, she asked if she could come back in a month. Because I am a total wimp and felt sorry for the woman I said, okay and then smacked my stupid self in the head. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I should have said, no. [​IMG] The word, okay, just slipped out before I thought about it.

It is even worse when sweet, cherub faced kids come to the door. [​IMG]

So, I decided to make a sign that covers everyone who solicits.

Do you think that I should include anything else?

I don't want to buy from anyone or be sold anything or be converted to another faith.

NO SOLICITING OF ANY SORT
    We do not want to be bothered by salespeople

NO CHARITIES
    No matter how great your cause or wonderful your school, we won’t buy from you

NO PREACHING OR EVANGLIZING
    We are happy with our faith and don’t want to join yours.

2. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Quote:Sounds good to me.....usually those are the main ones that love to bug the fire outta ya these days!!!!! Also.....at your driveway entrance.....a "No Tresspassing" sign would be great.

3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Correction (sp): Evangelizing.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2009
  4. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    It sounds like you've got it covered. I'm sure something else will come up, so leave a little room on the sign lol.

Also, I don't think being nice is a fault. There are plenty of meanies in the world already.

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Just a note about the witnesses, they often travel together in a big van. Certain church members will go to certain houses depending on who they want to target....
    Cute girls go to the doors where men answer, mom with a kid goes to the house where mom answers, etc....

They used to park across the street from my house when they canvases the neighborhood. It was hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2009
  6. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    What, proctologizing?? Oh, we get that all the time here in the MD swamp country. Out in the sticks. You'd be surprised what some people want to do to us, Lol! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Well, when I hear banjo music I tend to run....

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Really? You won't buy those dollar candy bars from little kids???? Dang...I love those candy bars! Forget the charity!

9. What about Girl Scout Cookies? I would DIE if I don't have at least 1 box a year! Last year I baught 20! and they didn't last 3 days (decided to share with the family at FIL's house. I shouldn't have though!)

10. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Whoops! Thanks. I don't know how I missed that one.[​IMG]

Nope, I do not want either candy bars or girl scout cookies.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by