Do I need to get a permit. Can I keep with Quail.

Severne

Songster
Dec 21, 2019
Northern CA
Hello, I was thinking of getting doves, we have many Eurasian collards where I live, I could probably catch these and there is no limit on killing them where I live. Or can I just buy eggs, can I keep them with coturnix quail.

Im not sure about the legal aspects, but wild caught ones can have diseases that you don't want your quail to have. Wild caught birds stress to the point of death in captivity, so I would recommend going to the petstore and getting 2-3 for $15-20 each. The same housing thing really depends on your situation. However I would not recommend it as they have different housing and dietary needs, unless you had a huge cage and some kind of creep feeder for the quail, and hanging feeder for the doves.

Do not keep them with quails. They need different feed, different housing, perching and care.

Please do not catch wild birds. I doubt that is legal to catch them live and cage them, and even if it was legal, I think most people would think it very unethical and a cruel thing to do.

Domestic ringneck doves will.be much better suited and dont cost much. They will be fine with quail in an aviary if you feed the quail.high protien crumble on the floor and dove seed in a platform

Hello, I was thinking of getting doves, we have many Eurasian collards where I live, I could probably catch these and there is no limit on killing them where I live. Or can I just buy eggs, can I keep them with coturnix quail.
No need to catch them just feed em, I get you some pics from around my home. These guys have become semi-domestic. No housing needed.

Back
Top Bottom