do imprinted lambs ever stop missing you the huma mom?

mariastephens00

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 16, 2014
i have a bottle fed lamb shes 6 weeks old, i tried putting her in "sheep day care" one of the sheep, a real sweet one is very interested in her but she wants nothing to do with the sheep on the other hand she tried tog et in bed with me last night she has been happy to sleep on her little pallet next to my side of the bed.
will she become independent once she is old enough and mature and ready to have her young ones?
im a green horn at this in fact this is my first lamb
Maria

i have a bottle fed lamb shes 6 weeks old, i tried putting her in "sheep day care" one of the sheep, a real sweet one is very interested in her but she wants nothing to do with the sheep on the other hand she tried tog et in bed with me last night she has been happy to sleep on her little pallet next to my side of the bed.
will she become independent once she is old enough and mature and ready to have her young ones?
im a green horn at this in fact this is my first lamb
Maria

Well I have a little three week old poddy atm and she is beginning to become more independent as she grows older, the same as any sheep. Your lamb sees you as it's mother not 'human' mum so as any other lamb she will be attached but as she matures she will not be as clingy:)

Rofl Thank God! She eats everything except what she is supposed to.
I it will be fun when she has her babies I imagine she will be more accepting of other sheep when she comes in season and meets a handsome stranger
maria

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom