Do Light Brahmas crow very loudly?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TinyLittleFarm, Jun 13, 2010.

1. TinyLittleFarm

TinyLittleFarm Songster

Mar 8, 2010
    Wisconsin
    My little man, Jack, is 15 weeks and not crowing yet. We are hoping that he does not upset the neighbors too much once he starts. Are LBs very forceful crowers? Or are they (hopefully) quiet, meek little things.[​IMG]

He's a doll.
    [​IMG]

2. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    My boyfriend said they could hear his all the way across the sheep field at his grandparents house. I don't really remember it being that loud though lol. And it will probably differ with each bird how loud it is.

3. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Songster

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Brahmas don't crow until 5-6 months old usually, then they sound rather like they have bronchitis and are being simultaneously strangled.

However, do not believe the tale that Brahmas are quiet cockerels. Two of my four crow long, loud and frequently (The dominant pair).

When your boy finds his voice you will certainly know about it,

Sandie

4. buffbuttercup

buffbuttercup Songster

May 3, 2010
    Oregon
    my light brahma hen is the loudest out of the group - followed only by the buff. good luck!!!

5. greathorse

greathorse Songster

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Loud!!!!!

6. TinyLittleFarm

TinyLittleFarm Songster

Mar 8, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Aw nuts. Oh well. He's my best boy, so he'll stay whether or not the neighbors complain. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by