Do Male Geese Have Pinkish Colored Feet ????????

Discussion in 'Geese' started by RAREROO, Jan 2, 2011.

1. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Hi

I have two American Buff Geese that I believe are a pair and I was looking today and I noticed that the one I believe to be a female has bright Orange Feet and Bill and the one I think may be the male has more of a Pinkish- Red color in his feet and bill and I noticed that the two my aunt have who I also think are a pair, are the same way. So I was wondering if that would be a sex indicator to be sure that I have a pair ?

Thanks

2. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    Nope. Pink bills and feet in American Buffs are a breed fault and can show up in both males and females, all it indicates is a pet quality bird.

If you want to know their sex for sure you can vent sex them. Band them when you do it and you'll be able to keep them straight from then on... unless the band breaks. [​IMG]

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:OK Thanks

Would it be the pink be the same in Toulouse Geese ? Thats what my aunts are, and I believe both hers and mine were originally bought from a hatchery by the person I got them from so they would be pet quality birds but I'm not really into breeding them so I'm not concerned about that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by