Do most people want you to be down?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by HeatherLynn, Dec 16, 2011.

1. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I have been thinking about this for a while. There sometimes is a person or two in your life that is always trying to lift you up. You may not always have that person but at some point you thankfully run into them. It seems that everyone else does their best to make sure you feel worse than they do. Am I imagining this. They try to say it in a way that makes it seem like they are trying to lift you up but really their foot is in the middle of your back. I am just watching a bit more than I used it and its not a comforting thing to see or hear. it happens at church, at scouts,.....well everywhere really. Its sorta depressing. Anyone else notice how often this happens?

2. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

I have seen it many times. Mostly in my family. That person is my mother. Every time my sisters and I have something good happen in our lives, she finds every negative point she can (or makes one up) and throws it at us. She is a very unhappy person and can't stand seeing anyone else happy.

3. urban escapee

urban escapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Alvin, TX
    I have noticed that people seem to have some strange need to make themselves feel better by tearing other people down. I dont understand it, I always feel better when I can contribute to some elses good mood.

4. HeatherLynn

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    See thats what I thought too. I do something nice I get a nice glow that lasts for days. I feel pretty rotten when I am being grumpy and say something mean. But if it makes them feel rotten then they would not keep doing it . right? That makes sense. But seriously I can just hang out in a group for a couple hours and see it at least a few times. I don't remember every seeing much of this before but I live in my own little world half the time.

5. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    To be down--to be unhappy--is to waste life.

Anyone that knows me, knows how very much I love life. A joke, a smile,
    kind words, to me that's pretty important stuff. I like being happy and I
    want those around me to be the same.

In the end, life is way to short to waste time being uphappy.

Spook...the happy dancer

6. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    Quote:[​IMG]

HeatherLynn....doesn't it make you wonder why they're like that? My BF and I were talking about one of the guys where he works. He's always SO upbeat and smiling and even when he has to deliver not-so-good news he rolls with it and encourages everyone to do the same. It's THOSE people that I'd like to be around!

7. beach livin'

beach livin' Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2011
    Manteo
    I think there are people who truely want others to fail and to feel miserable. thats when i just step back and look at their life. most of the time, they are the ones that are miserable and unhappy. when i feel down because of them, i know they have won. thats when i look around and see that i have all that i need. whatever i dont have, i must not really need [​IMG]

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Just smile and say Thank you, you've made me feel so much better! Mean it and walk away before they go on.

9. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I know of this too. There's a gal at my school who everyone loves, her name is Lily and it suits her well because she's always got something good to say. [​IMG] Pretty much an endless source of positive energy, which I can't decide whether to be envious or in awe of. [​IMG]

I'm pretty negative. I love a good laugh, and people know that, but my moods can sometimes crash and I become someone that most people don't find it good to be around. So I take the hint and usually head for the computers where I find it easier to talk because I don't have to put on a physical air all the time to make people stay around. Sometimes I just don't have the energy to convey the fact that I might not be feeling all that bad. Typing "[​IMG]" is much easier than actually speaking and laughing at times like these.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  10. HeatherLynn

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    3 hours sleep and no chocolate has me negative too. I understand that it happens sometimes. I just am never sure how to cope with the ones who are always like that. Everything makes them unhappy and they seem determined to make sure everyone else is too.

On that note I am going to go rummage through cabinets in search of any chocolate in the house and if I cannot find some I am sending the hubby to get some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by