DO NOT BUY FROM DARE2DREAM FARMS!!!

eaking

Chirping
May 18, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
I am broken-hearted. Today we lost Rosie. The last of my 5 OG hens from Dare2Dream Farms. In the short time that I have had them, (less than a year and a half), every one has succumbed to maladies ranging from strokes, to paralysis, to tumors, and my dear Becky simply dropped dead one night. For reference, most chickens live 5 to 10 years.

I am so so so sad and I am so so so angry and I am so so so upset with this farm. I’m a member of a lot of chicken groups and there is no shortage of others who are seeing these same results with their birds. I sometimes wish I could go back in time, but I loved my girls so very much and I wept upon their passing like they were my children. I spent nights trying to nurse them back to health and giving them baths and hand-feeding them, trying to alleviate their pain. I’ve spent thousands of dollars trying to save them to no avail. I have experienced more pain and loss in this last year and a half than I thought humanly possible and it continues still. Their loss stays with me. Every time I go into the backyard.

If it takes me the rest of my life, I am going to shout from the mountaintops like Maria Von Trapp: DO NOT BUY YOUR BIRDS FROM DARE2DREAM FARMS. SHAME ON YOU.

Attachments

• 77FBCE1E-F917-4F0C-AB20-F66222055C5D.jpeg
    77FBCE1E-F917-4F0C-AB20-F66222055C5D.jpeg
    689.4 KB · Views: 52
I am broken-hearted. Today we lost Rosie. The last of my 5 OG hens from Dare2Dream Farms. In the short time that I have had them, (less than a year and a half), every one has succumbed to maladies ranging from strokes, to paralysis, to tumors, and my dear Becky simply dropped dead one night. For reference, most chickens live 5 to 10 years.

I am so so so sad and I am so so so angry and I am so so so upset with this farm. I’m a member of a lot of chicken groups and there is no shortage of others who are seeing these same results with their birds. I sometimes wish I could go back in time, but I loved my girls so very much and I wept upon their passing like they were my children. I spent nights trying to nurse them back to health and giving them baths and hand-feeding them, trying to alleviate their pain. I’ve spent thousands of dollars trying to save them to no avail. I have experienced more pain and loss in this last year and a half than I thought humanly possible and it continues still. Their loss stays with me. Every time I go into the backyard.

If it takes me the rest of my life, I am going to shout from the mountaintops like Maria Von Trapp: DO NOT BUY YOUR BIRDS FROM DARE2DREAM FARMS. SHAME ON YOU.
Poor birds! In my experience, buying chicks from Orscheln Farm and Home or Tractor Supply, none of our chicks have ever died! I don't know if this is just this kind of Orscheln (we live in Kansas) but their chicks have never died on us, so I'd suggest buying from them.

So sorry for your loss. I had a chicken die unexpectedly over night that I found first thing the next morning (liver malady) which was just awful but to have a whole flock die because of irresponsible breeding is just heartbreaking. So so sorry you’re going through this and shame shame shame on dare2dream! Thanks for sharing and informing us all.

I’m so frustrated at this! You become attached to these gorgeous birds only for them to die! It’s especially frustrating when they die because of things like that that are not normal healthy chicken gets sick kind of stuff! But they were never healthy in the first place! I’m so sorry that this had to happen to you but hopefully what you’ve written up here will help others to choose somewhere else! Ugh! If you are wanting places to buy chicks from I would recommend Murray McMurray! They have many breeds and their chicks are so sweet! Especially if you purchase breeds like Cochins, americaunas, black australorps, or buff Orpingtons! Or even one better Alchemist Farms has the SWEETEST chicks! Like the most friendly, mellow, and nice chicks! They are more spendy but if you are going for temperament as well as health I would choose them! We ordered 3 moss eggers and ended up with 4 and they are so sweet! They are unsexed (because they don’t want to have to deal with it because sexing chicks can kill them) but we have at least 2 pullets! One is a for sure cockerel and the other one I’m thinking is a cockerel as well but we'll see!😉 But I wouldn’t recommend ordering barnevelders because they quite fragile (because the are bantams)!😉 We also have gotten many nice and healthy chicks from Wilco!😁 But Alchemist Farms’ chicks are definitely my favorite because ours actually love us and beg to be held and loved on and I think it’s the sweetest thing!😊 Sorry about how long this response is! It just makes me mad!😤

there are SO SO many maladies they can contract from visitors, from YOU! from airborne virus. i am NOT doubting you and i dont blame you for being upset and angry and so very sad. perhaps they do have genetic issues but if you had them for that long it could very well be something that arrived on your property. now you need to figure out what it is! even if it came from that farm if it took this long for the last girl to pass then it might be in your soil and will affect new birds for years to come. if you did not have any necropsies done im not sure how you could find out but perhaps some more knowledgeable chicken guardians than ourselves might have some ideas???? somehow to test the soil? or?????? i feel your pain believe me! been there! i thought i would lose my mind. xo

I’m so frustrated at this! You become attached to these gorgeous birds only for them to die! It’s especially frustrating when they die because of things like that that are not normal healthy chicken gets sick kind of stuff! But they were never healthy in the first place! I’m so sorry that this had to happen to you but hopefully what you’ve written up here will help others to choose somewhere else! Ugh! If you are wanting places to buy chicks from I would recommend Murray McMurray! They have many breeds and their chicks are so sweet! Especially if you purchase breeds like Cochins, americaunas, black australorps, or buff Orpingtons! Or even one better Alchemist Farms has the SWEETEST chicks! Like the most friendly, mellow, and nice chicks! They are more spendy but if you are going for temperament as well as health I would choose them! We ordered 3 moss eggers and ended up with 4 and they are so sweet! They are unsexed (because they don’t want to have to deal with it because sexing chicks can kill them) but we have at least 2 pullets! One is a for sure cockerel and the other one I’m thinking is a cockerel as well but we'll see!😉 But I wouldn’t recommend ordering barnevelders because they quite fragile (because the are bantams)!😉 We also have gotten many nice and healthy chicks from Wilco!😁 But Alchemist Farms’ chicks are definitely my favorite because ours actually love us and beg to be held and loved on and I think it’s the sweetest thing!😊 Sorry about how long this response is! It just makes me mad!😤
i have some alchemist hens. they are very near me. i got hatching eggs....love them. also i was impressed with wilco! it is new here and i got 4 chicks.....their set up was very good....clean and well set up. TSC sucks in a big way. .....

I don't think it's the farm's fault.

also it kinda sounds like mareks disease to be honest. esp the paralysis....

Back
Top Bottom