do not buy from gerbers

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by r devries, Feb 25, 2011.

1. r devries

r devries Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2010
    Just a word of caution to anyone thinking of buying anything from gerbers workwear. Let me tell you a bit about my experiences these past few weeks. On a friday I went into gerbers workwear i specifically stated that I needed a pair of coveralls for welding class at school. the showed me some different sizes but they were all the same kind I bought a pair for $40.00 on a monday I took them to school put them on put on my welding mask and started welding just then out off the corner off my eye I saw a huge flame quickly i stopped and ripped off my mask and put out the fire with my leathe glove a lot of the sleeve was burned and my sweater was slightly singed. To my suprise i found out i had been sold polyester coveralls. When i got home I called gerbers they said they had to talk to the main office in Atwood. I was not called back so i called again I was told nothing could be done . So i called atwood myself and asked for the manager I explained what had happened and all he said was thats not my problem I told him I said I needed them for welding he says should have bought cootton ones I reply those were the only ones their and the employee didnt say ohh u shouldnt use these for welding their polyester he reply's not my problem.... need less to say I will never buy from gerbers again

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG] If you can, small claims court if they don't make repairs for their mistakes!

3. r devries

Dec 3, 2010
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh some support thanks a lot

4. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Quote:Hold on a second there someone is trying to help and your being rude....

5. r devries

Dec 3, 2010
    no sorry it sounded like that i am just glad that someone showed their support:) thanks Ewe sheep:D

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I interpreted it as "Thanks for the support." No need to apologize! Your response did not appear rude to me.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:2x! Never once I interpreted as being rude either. Its like a Yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaw kind of response LOL!

8. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Guess I saw it the wrong way,sorry...

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    No problem! [​IMG]

10. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Me either. What was that about?

Maybe you need to contact your News station. They like reports about stuff like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by