Do not do this! ugh!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kimboolah, Oct 24, 2009.

1. kimboolah

kimboolah Chillin' With My Peeps

I work at night, so when I get home, it's quiet in the house, so I go out and let the girls out in the yard for a bit. I change the water, feed them, tidy up (looks like they had a party in the coop sometimes!) and collect the eggs. I usually have a basket or a plastic bucket to put them in. Today, I thought it was a good idea to put 9 eggs in my lab coat pockets. Well, that was an excellent idea until I bent down to pet one of the chookies on the head......POP and a pocket full of egg. ick.

use a basket/bucket.

2. Casey3043

Casey3043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Been there, done that! Had some eggs in my jacket pockets, went out to get the morning newspaper and passed too close to the car. Jacket was open, pocket swung out and hit the back of the rear view mirror.....splat! Need to wash jacket! [​IMG]

3. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    ew

4. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    I did that once.....only the eggs were in my jeans pocket. Last time I did that. [​IMG]

5. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Yep. Been there. [​IMG]

6. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I only get about two eggs a day so I tend to stick them in my jeans pocket. Every time I do it, I think.... just a matter of time! But I still do it.

Still waiting for the splat.

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

messy messy!! [​IMG]

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Been there and done it LOL! Messy indeed!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by