Do Not Order From Hyline Hatchery!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by chickenman98, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickenman98

chickenman98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Eastern Oklahoma
    at hyline hatchery all of the roosters they don't need they grind. and by grind I mean grind them up while they are still alive [​IMG] . they grind up 150,000 everyday,that is 54,750,000 every year. so save the baby chicks and dont order from hyline hatchery!!! here is a link to a video of what they are doing

Link removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
  2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    honestly this is a common practice for many hatcheries... I personnaly would rather see the male chicks used a food or fetirilzer then just be thrown away.. Sadly as long as folks want vent sexed pullets then this will continue to happen... Its sad but its life...

3. chickenman98

Mar 27, 2010
    Eastern Oklahoma
    i know they do this at hatcheries everywhere but i heard that at hyline they dump them into the water after they are done grinding. so the people near them cant drink tap water.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:Now that would be a MAJOR health concern and is completly illegal... I would con tact the health dept for thier area and see what they have to say .. Or maybe even bring it to your local newstations attention... If that is the case thent hey would have some major fines etc.....

5. chickenman98

Mar 27, 2010
    Eastern Oklahoma
    someone wrote in to backyard poultry (the magazine) and said that

6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Please remember that we do not allow flaming.

"We heard", "I read", "Supposedly" are not fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by