Do people always forget your name?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Princess Amri, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    People seem to have a lot of trouble with mine! They always think it's Amy or Emily or Omri so I'm always correcting them! It's actually a bit funny by now.
    Amri isn't that confusing, is it?

Want to share your name mix up/spelling problems?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

HI!!! My name is Debi Raymond. Not Debbie Reynolds, or Debi Ramon. Or Betty. [​IMG]

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I've always been identified as: The Colonel's kid,, JoAnn and Lee's girls, Mike's sister, or Steven's mom,, Ricky's Aunt, etc. Sometimes I feel like tattooing my name on my forehead! The only time I hear my name is when a student sees me and hollars Ms. Livingston!!

4. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:But that isn't hard to remember! Sometimes people are very strange. [​IMG]

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

My last name is not an issue around here. Weldon's are notorious around here. My first name people have problems, Marlon.

I can't remember names for nothing.

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Quote:My first ex husband's name was Marlin,,, I always thought of a fish or a gun...

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You know, sometimes just after I give an injection, folks will say, "O Gawd"... I say, "Nope, you can just call me Dr. M, but people get me confused with Him all the time"

8. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Quote:My first ex husband's name was Marlin,,, I always thought of a fish or a gun...

I tell people "like the fish" all the time.

Not quite right but a lot closer than what people come up with.

9. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

I get Hey Erin's Mom or Hey Alex's Mom a lot...

Was Hey Coach back when I coached Alex's YMCA team...

Then of course there's "Hey... uhh... mmm... errr... what were we talking about?" [​IMG]

First time a teacher told the kids to "Listen to Mrs M (the room mom) and she'll tell you what to do"
    I swear I turned around and looked for my mother in law.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  10. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    I have been called Barbara before.

My name is Debra, but I like Deb better.

Here is something terrible. My mother called me, Mooter when I was growing up. The first part is like what a cow says. That awful nickname stuck with me until I got married. My mom would introduce me to strangers as Mooter, not Deb. I didn't know my real name until I started Kindergarden! When my mom died, there were relatives at her funeral who I hadn't seen since I was a child. Several of them asked me if my real name was Mooter. Um....no. My sister still insist on calling me Mooter. I hate, hate, hate that name.

So all of you could be called something worse.

Luckily, I don't see my mom's side of the family often. I avoid them as much as possible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by