Do people always forget your name?

canada-goose

Is Mostly Harmless
12 Years
Jul 16, 2009
People seem to have a lot of trouble with mine! They always think it's Amy or Emily or Omri so I'm always correcting them! It's actually a bit funny by now.
Amri isn't that confusing, is it?

Want to share your name mix up/spelling problems?

HI!!! My name is Debi Raymond. Not Debbie Reynolds, or Debi Ramon. Or Betty.
hmm.png

I've always been identified as: The Colonel's kid,, JoAnn and Lee's girls, Mike's sister, or Steven's mom,, Ricky's Aunt, etc. Sometimes I feel like tattooing my name on my forehead! The only time I hear my name is when a student sees me and hollars Ms. Livingston!!

You know, sometimes just after I give an injection, folks will say, "O Gawd"... I say, "Nope, you can just call me Dr. M, but people get me confused with Him all the time"

I get Hey Erin's Mom or Hey Alex's Mom a lot...

Was Hey Coach back when I coached Alex's YMCA team...

Then of course there's "Hey... uhh... mmm... errr... what were we talking about?"
roll.png

First time a teacher told the kids to "Listen to Mrs M (the room mom) and she'll tell you what to do"
I swear I turned around and looked for my mother in law.

Last edited:
I have been called Barbara before.

My name is Debra, but I like Deb better.

Here is something terrible. My mother called me, Mooter when I was growing up. The first part is like what a cow says. That awful nickname stuck with me until I got married. My mom would introduce me to strangers as Mooter, not Deb. I didn't know my real name until I started Kindergarden! When my mom died, there were relatives at her funeral who I hadn't seen since I was a child. Several of them asked me if my real name was Mooter. Um....no. My sister still insist on calling me Mooter. I hate, hate, hate that name.

So all of you could be called something worse.

Luckily, I don't see my mom's side of the family often. I avoid them as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom